This is multi-strand tin-plated copper wire in a cotton and oil dielectric. It was developed by Duelund to replicate the wonderful tonal qualities of the original Western Electric speaker cable.
Listening tests have shown that this wire gets close to the detail and sound staging of our premium Litz wire.
- 12 awg tin-plated copper in oil and cotton insulation
- terminated in genuine Swiss multi-contact banana plugs (AKA z-plugs) (spades also available)
- twisted pair configuration
- external cotton braiding tp preserve the tonal qualities of the cotton / oil insulation
- more current capacity than the 16GA version which provides a deeper bass and richer sound quality
- Cardas silver eutectic solder used