A very beautiful and sweet sounding interconnect with immaculate detail and great sound staging. Bass is precise and deep, and the high end has remarkable clarity. This cable uses the new Aurealis silver and copper Litz wire - spun together as shown image 4.
It's taken a long while but the silver/copper Litz Dragon is now available as a balanced cable. In order to achieve a balanced configuration the amount of wire in the signal path has been doubled.
Please right-click on the image and open in a new tab for a full-size view.
To see full-size images, right click the image and open in a new tab
The Duelund 50 combines Duelund tin-plated copper wire with Neotech UPOCC wire in a 50:50 combination. This results in a cable that is wonderfully transparent and evenly handed across the full frequency range. It is an interconnect that simply gets out of the way.
- 26GA Duelund combined with 28GA Neotech UPOCC copper for each XLR pin (pins 1, 2 and 3). The shield is not forced to double as the ground connector on pin1
- uses a fully balanced wire geometry. Compared to the RCA (unbalalnced version of this cable), the balanced cable has additional runs of both Duelund 26 and Neotech wire
- a carbon conductive shield for the best available noise rejection
- matched to the OFC Copper Link XLRs from ETI Research
- foamed PFTE internal tubing creates an air-teflon dialectric for the conductors and contributes to an interconnect with excellent flexibility
The Spiral_2 XLR has clarity, detail and a lovely layering of vocals and instruments. A great cable for long runs to active speakers or mono blocks.